- cd to your Eclipse home directory
- cd .metadata/.plugins
- ren org.eclipse.core.resources BAK (Keep this directory around)
- Restart Eclipse, ignore the error message.
- Close all open editors tabs !! (in my case, playing with the .xsd file editor caused the issue)
- Exit Eclipse.
- del org.eclipse.core.resources (Delete the newly created directory.)
- ren BAK org.eclipse.core.resources (Restore the original directory.)
- Restart Eclipse.
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Eclipse doesn't start after crash
After a crash on Windows 7, my beloved Eclipse environment wouldn't start again! It just hung there, showing nothing but the Splash screen. eclipse -clean didn't help, monitoring files with Sysinternal's ProcMon or 'handle.exe' didn't help - quite devastating... But finally I found the solution here: